Author Topic: Jury Nullification  (Read 5171 times)

Jury Nullification
« on: July 22, 2017, 12:42:38 AM »

Offline jkubin

• Administrator
  • Togue Tied Twisted, just an Earth Bound Misfit, I
    • View Profile
    • ComStar Coputers
I want to take a moment to talk to you about the single most powerful tool in any jurors arsonal. The one tool that strips the power away from the government, the judge, and the DA. I'm talking about Jury Nullification.

Now you might ask, what is Jury Nullification, and you'd be asking a great question. Jury Nullification is where a jury finds a defendant Not Guilty. Not  because the defendant is innocent, but rather, because the law or crime the defendant is on trial for is unjust. For example, we all agree that  the Bundy family was well within their constitutional right to refuse to let the BLM come and take their cattle. Yet the federal government saw fit to charge them and haul them into court for the 2nd time. They were exercising their 1st and 2nd amendment rights. For this, they are on trial.

Now any intelligent juror will see that this is complete bullshit and as such, should easily declare a jury nullification by rendering a Not Guilty verdict based upon the unconstitutional nature of the charges, and the facts surrounding the case.

So what happens if a jury nullifies a charge? The case is declared a mistrial, and the state has to hold yet another trial. If jurys were to keep nullifing the charges, either the state would give up, or the law would have to be changed. By using this process, a single juror could be the reason unjust laws are changed. And let's face it folks, we have tons if unjust laws.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

For more on the Bundy's and the BLM, click here
Above the clouds I see my shadow fly, out of the corner of my watering eye. A dream unthreatened by the morning light, could blow this soul right through the roof of the night. There's no sensation to compare with this, suspended animation, a state of bliss. I can't keep my mind off the circling sky